At St Hugh’s we are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children, young people and adults. This page provides details of people you can get in touch with if you have any questions or concerns about safeguarding in this parish.
Parish Safeguarding Officers
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Wendy Edge. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Canon Michael, in the first instance, on Michael.Rawson@southwark.
Our churchwardens are Bola Oriaku and Clive Greenwood. They can also be contacted by going through Canon Michael Rawson, whose details are above. If you would prefer to contact someone else, please use the diocesan contact details below.
Other helpful contact details
You can also get help with child and adult safeguarding issues using the contact details below:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
Southwark Diocesan Safeguarding Team
Contact details for the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser are:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Kate Singleton
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon
Marie Daly marie.daly@southwark.
Louise Vernon louise.vernon@
Further information can be found at
The diocese also produces a safeguarding manual, called A Safe Church. This can be found by using this link:
The Parish’s current safeguarding policy can be found below:
Safeguarding Policy 2019