Work with families and young people
At St Hugh’s we want to encourage our young people to explore, question and grow in their faith. An enthusiastic and dedicated team of youth volunteers design weekly and monthly sessions for groups of different ages, to facilitate discussion, crafts, food and fun.
- Junior Church (ages 4-8) meet during the 9.30am service every Sunday, except for the 1st Sunday of the month when all ages worship together.
- A new programme of events will begin in summer 2017, run jointly with Southwark Cathedral and St George the Martyr.
At St Hugh’s all our young people are offered the opportunity to train as fledgling acolytes under the guidance of older acolytes, until they graduate and become lead acolytes themselves.
Socials and Events
Regular youth events are always the highlight of any term.
Read a little more here about past events and what our young people thought of them.
Spending time together
Here are some of our favourite recent events:
- Christmas social: ice-skating
- Easter social: bowling, pizza and too much ice-cream
- Visit to Surrey Docks Farm
- London Dungeons
- Designing and painting an altar cloth, which was displayed in Southwark Cathedral and St Hugh’s
Helping our Community
- Every Saturday before Easter we visit patients in Guy’s hospital, and distribute cards, chocolate eggs and fruit.